2009/10/15

Old post

I found an old post that I never posted. I thought I lost it but Google saved it. Thank Google for auto-save. I'm just going to post it directly. This was written before the patch with onyxia hit.

It's been half a week since my last post and the reason is pretty embarrassing. I forgot the email that I used for the blog(Hey! Don't blame me, it gets hard after getting your 10th email)

I've been thinking about the RP-perspective of the new Cataclysm expansion. Frankly, the problem has been there before the release of all the expansions. "Sure, you can tank Illidan, but you do need some better gear to tank Violet hold Heroic.". Now, there will probably be something similar when the new expansion comes out: "Sure you killed Malygos, one of the four dragon aspects, the keeper of magic, within two weeks of the release of Wrath of the lich king, but you need better gear for "

Now, I'm not a true Roleplayer myself, and it wont bother me that much. That said, I'm still happy for the reshape of Onyxia since I never got to try her before TBC(I was level 57 when TBC was released).

Game design as such, is a big problem from the designers point-of-view. Many people want more new exciting content. On the other hand however, there's old school players and people who joined to late to experience vanilla WoW in it's fullest and want to try it. These are the people who ask for vanilla WoW realms and cheer at the reshape of Onyxia.

So, I'm asking you, how much old content and how much new do you want in the next expansion?(Like 80% new and 20% old)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar