2009/10/16

Nostalgia

I'm going to tell you about the first time I actually started with making much gold("much" is relative to the amount of gold I had at the time when the story is told, which is about 1,000g)

I got a tip from Trowlcat. Unfortunately this is no longer a viable tip.

It was really simple, but I would never have thought of it myself. Buy mats for titansteel, get people to smelt titansteel, get mats for titansteel destroyer(or whatever titansteel thing that sells for most subtracted by material cost of course) and then sell it for about 1,000g profit.

I told this to a friend of mine and together we forged our plans. We would create a ton of titansteel destroyers and get a really big amount of gold(gold cap was not something that existed in our world at that time) and then we could easily create monopolies on all markets we wanted. We would own the alliance auction house and we would then move over to the horde auction house and do the same thing.

We were naive, we were "rich" and we were happy. I seriously miss that time. Every sold titansteel destroyer(in total about... five) was a success.

As I said, this is no longer that viable because of the high price of titanium ore.

The market was young(*cough*) and the market was ours for the taking.

As I said, I miss doing something more advanced than spamming the milling button(or prospecting button, if I want some variety) and finally get the epic flying mount I saved for. I still remember racing with Trowlcat, ending with an initiation rite that involved dismounting high up in the air and dying. Loads of fun.

There was the feeling of accomplishment that I've lost. Right now, the work is more monotone than farming(but more profitable).

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar